Using your smart home devices

Learn to set up your smart devices in your Roku house. Discover how to use Roku with your home assistant, find troubleshooting tips, and get community advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George2
Reel Rookie

Alexa won't discover Roku Color Bulb

I purchased a Roku Color Bulb and indoor camera. I installed the Roku Smart Home app on my iPhone and both work great.

My Alexa App is unable to discover them on my iPhone. I've downloaded the Roku Smart Home Skill and it is linked to the Roku App. When I try to discover the bulb, a list of Brands comes up and Roku or Smart Home isn't listed. If I select "Other", the Alexa app cannot connect to the bulb.

I have updated the Alexa App on my phone, IOS is 15+, deleted the Roku app and skill. My WIFI is 2.4 GHZ. The bulb is a Smart Bulb SE Color

I tried the same thing on my Android tablet with the same results.

Any suggestions? I like ROKU and don't want to return these.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Alexa won't discover Roku Color Bulb

@George2

Thanks for the post.

We believe this issue is now resolved. At this time, we would recommend you trying again to see if you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku Smart Home device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Travis1985

Had same issue with my Galaxy 9 using smart things. I found that it still works with straight commands. I also have stared to like the Roku app mainly because all my devices are Roku. Only have one that's not but GA still controls it

0 Kudos
George2
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I tried again, and it is working and all is well.