Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer respect

Here is an idea, if you want to retain your customers and would like to maintain a relationship then dont **bleep** with their channels. I dont need you to promote something that changes the channel i have my tv set to. I am sure you would not want me to come to your office and piss on your desk. so why would you allow someone to try to shovel their selection down my throat by changing the settings for channels. maybe you should add an opt out for YOUR selections and promotions. I set my tv to return to the channel i was watching when I turned it off and you decided you would force me to see something that you want to watch. Leave the customers settings alone or give them a way to turn your promoted **bleep** off. I disabled all internet access to my tv and now only watch the antenna channels. WHY because the antenna doesnt change my f**king channels. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.