Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urban_crawler
Binge Watcher

When will the current Ultra generation get replaced? + An upgrade wish list.

I have the previous gen Ultra which was great.  Purchased this latest model when it first came out and it's had some pretty annoying issues.  It's been much glitchier than the previous model.  Some updates have fixed it, others have made it worse. 

Then there's the connection.  Anyone else looking for a 1G ethernet connection?  4K HDR works great when it comes from the net.  But if you digitize your Blu Rays 100Mb doesn't cut it all the time and WiFi can't guarantee that kind of bandwidth.  Yes, I know there are other streamers, I have them.  I really like Roku's UI and am looking forward to an upgrade.

While WiFi 6/e probably won't make a difference in performance, a refresh here would be nice.

Updated Bluetooth stack and ability to pair multiple headphones.

Upgraded specs and new codec support.

I'm worried Roku overestimated how many people would want these latest models and we're going to be stuck on the 4800 series for years until inventory is run down.  Really hoping supply chain issues are the hold up and not a huge warehouse filled with millions of unsold 4800's.

0 Kudos