Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukornewuser
Channel Surfer

Wallpaper and screensaver functionality and lack of customization

I'd like to display my own photos for both wallpaper and screensaver.

This has been asked dozens of times, and apparently the functionality is there because Roku themselves change and offer these themes.

While customization of wallpaper or themes with your own photos was never available, screensaver is.  However, the screensaver function is limited- it should:

-not litter the screen with more 'Roku Photo Stream' and random QR codes
-allow setting time for each picture
-more customization

But it does not do any of the above.  In reading prior posts, it seems some of this functionality for screensaver was previously in the android/iphone apps, but it was removed. The online web interface and TV interface does not allow these settings.

Is there a fee or something for us to be able to change these settings? Do I need to become an advertiser to create my own theme for our own house?

Labels (2)
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.