Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time limits/parental controls

Please create a feature to automatically power off the TV/ disable for a time period. I would like to be able to automatically turn off at 9 pm and make the tv inaccessible until 6 am. I know there is a sleep timer but that’s not what I’m looking for. More like tablet/cell phone parental controls where the device can be disabled until a certain time. 

Similarly, being able to block certain apps from a device without removing it from all of the devices would be nice. My kids aren’t allowed YouTube and there is no YouTube kids on Roku. But if I download it on my tv, it is on all of the TVs in the house. We have 6 Roku TVs. 

5 REPLIES 5
mattny

Re: Time limits/parental controls

yes, this would be great!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Manda_edwards @mattny,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
Our constant goal is to give our customers the smoothest possible streaming experience and ease of use. We will forward this to the relevant Roku team for their consideration. We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you again for it.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Sw1119

Has this happened yet? I’m tired of my sneaky kids coming downstairs in the middle of the night to watch TV. I’m searching through my tv settings and can’t find where I can set anything up to restrict the TV being used during specific times. If it has happened is it only for new TVs (I think mine is 3-4 years old) or should I only have to update it to get these settings?

Cedandchaz

This a great question as it's what I was trying to search too.  I have 3 hisense roku tvs and about to replace another one (new but not smart) with another hisense TV. 

I really enjoy being able to control all the tvs from my phone, especially for when my dad visits and turns the TV all the way up.  But I now have a sneaky child who is not getting enough sleep cause she's turning the TV on after I'm sleep or on YouTube.  I delete it, my husband downloads it back so now it's on all the tvs again

Please do an update in  which we could have tvs automatically turned off at set times.  Also maybe some way were we can remove apps not n

Mlharris

This is a must in my house! Really need a way to lock the tv for certain hours of the night. Please!! 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.