Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puckles

Require a PIN to open a rechannel

I'd like to be able to set a channel to require a PIN to open it - this would help me monitor/limit my child's access to "ok" channels that I don't want her watching without supervision (YouTube/YouTube Kids), and channels we may not want her accessing at all. 

This would help us set timers and talk to her about time limits - at the moment she wakes up before us and binges on a channel that we consider "ok in small amounts". 

2 REPLIES 2
espresso_j

Re: Require a PIN to open a rechannel

I want to boost this request.  It is a vital tool for parents and should be a simple feature to add, whether it is a separate PIN for each channel or even just a check box saying "Require PIN to access" on the channel's settings. A huge number of channels do not have any parental controls, so this can greatly help parents manage what their kids can access, especially when one child is a bit older and more mature than another.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Require a PIN to open a rechannel

Hi @puckles @espresso_j,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you providing your suggestion, and we value your feedback. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.
This has been noted, and if you need anything else, please let us know.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.