Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morganfj
Binge Watcher

Remote Channel Shortcuts

Without a Doubt

The Channel Shortcuts are a Pain in the Arse.  (Except possibly for ROKU marketing it to channels) 

Ever since my 1st ROKU 2 I personally have hated these buttons that are NOT MY CHANNELS.

I WOULD PAY FOR A REMOTE WITHOUT THESE. (ROKU Voice is partial in right direction but really don't need any pre-programmed buttons .. Roku? Who is your primary market? )

HONESTLY... I would prefer No Extra buttons over even programmable ones (actually think the only reason ROKU gets Program Questiin is the fact others hate these annoyance butting always accidentally getting to taken to channels you don't want).

From Facebook and Twitter I see most also understand that ROKU would rather make a buck selling Access to their buttons than catering to their ROKU BUYERS.

SUGGESTION.... 

MAKE A REMOTE without these...

They Will Sell!

5 REPLIES 5
Eric317

Re: Remote Channel Shortcuts

I totally agree...  and I am starting to move away from Roku altogether entirely becuase of these buttons, which are WAY to close to other important buttons.  Their actual use in practice is to derail whatever I am trying to watch.

Please make a remote without them and charge $5 more if you need to...

Aska4467

I fully agree! They should list them as solid colours or numbered as 1/2/3/4. That way you can select what channels you wish to use. I don't use Vudu nor Netflix. So I can't use half my controller on the bottom.

lschopf
Channel Surfer

I seriously wish we could just deactivate them.  Some of my older remotes have obsolete channels, like radio.  The newer ones have buttons for channels I don't use.  The biggest issue I have is the remote falls on the floor, the TV puts on Netflix, then I have to pick up the remote, go back to the homes screen to get back to what I was actually watching - all while missing part of the program because of the Netflix interruption when the remote fell.  I hate these buttons!  

ggunn

I totally agree! I took a blade to my remote and cut those annoying extra buttons out so I wouldn't be hitting them accidentally in the dark.

lschopf
Channel Surfer

That's actually a really good idea.  My cats are always sitting on it & interrupting everything by putting on Netflix, no matter where I put the remote..   I've been really happy with my voice remote - which actually renders those stupid buttons obsolete altogether.  They really need to go!  

0 Kudos