Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please update advertising options

Can you stop advertising garbage when I open my home page? I got an ad for Murder House Flip. My 5 year old uses our device and it really inappropriate to advertise some of these programs to everyone one in our house.

4 REPLIES 4
CoffeeGoat
Binge Watcher

Re: Please update advertising options

I'm currently trawling the community because of an advert for the exact same program. Kudos for trying to make responsible choices about what your child sees on the screen; that's a long and thankless battle.

Oakleaves2021
Reel Rookie

I bought the Roku so that my child would not see advertisements.  Why is there Flip the murder house” advertisement on the home screen?  I am now searching for a different product (?fire stick, ?apple tv?) that does NOT have inappropriate advertisements on the home screen.  There should be a child safe option for the home screen!

Edited to add that I am going to file a complaint with the FCC of the indecent and inappropriate content on the home screen.  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

mg12
Reel Rookie

What is Roku thinking?! Roku, add the setting to restrict these kind of filth garbage ads or I’m going to be going to another streaming device asap!

BoooRuko
Reel Rookie

Totally agree with the above. About to purchase an Apple TV so my kids aren't greeted with any more "Murder House Flip"