Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nomad07
Roku Guru

REQUEST: Spatial Audio surround sound support for iOS Roku app.

Please add Spatial Audio support to the Roku iOS app. Apple offers surround surround with their AirPods Max headphones and AirPods Pro ear buds on their iPhone and iPad products.

Since Roku offers wireless audio support over WiFi with iOS Roku app it would be great to enjoy Atmos surround surround on our headphones just like we do with our surround speakers.

There is no other way to listen to surround with headphones on the Roku.

This would be an AMAZING feature for the app. Especially since Apple themselves don't even offer Spatial Audio on their Apple TV streaming box.

4 REPLIES 4
John878787

Re: REQUEST: Spatial Audio surround sound support for iOS Roku app.

I SUPPORT THIS REQUEST ITIS MUCH NEEDED. Why wouldn’t you want to elevate your customers experience?!

iFrog
Roku Guru

Apple has been serving Dolby Atmos music on Apple Music for the last few months.  The Apple TV 4K 1, and 2 generation supports it with supported audio gear (including home theater speakers)

I've tried some recently with my new atmos sound bar, and when done right, it absolutely takes music to the next level.  Would like to see the Apple music service come to Roku as well just like the TV service, and hopefully the Roku would be able to take advantage of these features as well.

I've used Roku quite a few years, and then Got an Apple TV 4, and then a 4k and have used both platforms.

I love both, but I'm also seeing more to favor Apple over Roku.  So would like to see Roku gain more of the newer features as well.

TylerD

@Roku this is super important, please respond with where it’s at in development or let us know to buy Apple TV to get Dolby Atmos via headphones. Thx!

0 Kudos
nomad07
Roku Guru

I started this request what a few years ago. 

It’s also lame that to connect Bluetooth your phone through the app and back to the Roku over WiFi. 

0 Kudos