Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Froghos

Re: Previous channel button in TV Apps (Spectrum TV) (DirecTV Streaming)

I have found that this function depends on the App to work.  With Spectrum TV you need to use the << button.  With DirecTV you need to use the up arrow to view "Recently watched" then press OK to select the last thing you were watching.  When you do this again it goes back.  I like this as I sometimes switch between 3 stations and this gives me the option to quickly do that.

I will agree a "Previous" button to switch between "Channels" in Roku terms (Apps to everyone else) would be nice to have so I could switch between Prime and Hulu.  But that's not a huge issue with me.  Within TV Streaming though it is very important.

0 Kudos
beachinky

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I was going crazy trying to figure out way to get to last watched channel on Spectrum. << exactly what I needed to know.  It works! 

0 Kudos
TennCutty

Re: Previous channel would be nice

Wow that << button actually works to flashback! Thanks! Very cool

0 Kudos
swany65
Reel Rookie

Re: Previous channel working differently depending on which app is being used

The fact that I spend time researching how to go back to a previous channel tells me how badly designed this remote is. It should be intuitive...it is not. I mean previous channel button has been a thing with remotes since inception of remotes. YouTube TV / Fubo / Spectrum apps all behave differently with the Roku remote. There should be guidelines Roku sets with these app to make things universal. Since they don't, it's a horrible user experience. Thanks Roku with your lack of structure. 

ScubaD1ver

The easiest way I have found to jump channels is to hit the down button twice and it will show your most recent channels. Use the directional arrow to select the channel you want to view than hit ok

DHook
Reel Rookie

That works fine.  Thanks for the tip.  Not quite as good as a "Previous" button but easier than scrolling through a lot of channels.  Thanks again.