Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDD6704

Re: Photo Streams - remove QR code option

I also would like the option to have the QR code removed.  At a minimum, include a QR placeholder to polluting my photos.  

kryndis

Considering it's been a year since this request was first made, it's probably pointless, but add me to the list that finds the QR code annoying and redundant and would like to hide it.

teagirl
Reel Rookie

I know it has been asked many times on this thread but PLEASE remove the QR code.  I use the photo stream option in my business and it looks unprofessional and it covers up content like.  

DJAllyn
Channel Surfer

I've come to the conclusion that Roku is never going to do anything about this.  

I've done away with my Roku and bought an android Kiosk box -- which is basically what a Roku is.  From there, the Google Play store has a bunch of photostream-like apps that work better than the Roku Photo Streams.

Roku needs to wake up to the needs of its customers, otherwise we will eventually figure out that we can literally make our own Roku-like streaming box for roughly $30 bucks.

Please remove the QR code or make it optional. Thank you.

Smithey

Please remove the ugly QR code that appears in photo stream. It is a distraction from the photo. We already know how to upload photos there and don’t need a QR code to do so.

raylinds

There is no reason to not provide the option to remove the code other than not wanting to put the effort in.  It shows a complete lack of concern for your user to stubbornly refuse to respond to a perfectly reasonable request.  I guess I will just have to go back to my Amazon Fire cube. Good way to ruin a perfectly good product.

WDHansen
Reel Rookie

YES to all who have posted about this. Photo Streams is a great feature, but needs option to (1) remove QR code, (2) choose fixed vs random loop sequence, (3) choose image change rate, and (4) choose transition effect. Requests (1) through (3) seem easy options, and I don't understand what seems to be reluctance to respond to some much-requested options.

Thank you.

David
DrDB
Binge Watcher

I think it's fair to say that after a year and 47 more posts on this subject, that we know where Roku stands on this matter!  So sad, when a company is completely tone deaf when customers speak!  And then they'll wonder why their customers left.... anyone find a good alternative?  Since we can rule out Roku making a simple update to make this optional!

DJAllyn
Channel Surfer

Roku reads these, because every time I mention a specific alternative to Roku, they remove the comment.

(You aren't fooling us, ROKU)

I'll try to be as generic as possible

Amazon. Android TV Box.