Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomdoh345
Channel Surfer

Re: IQIYI on roku - better support please

Jump to solution

Yesterday I was finally able to sign onto the IQIYI ROKU TV version.  I went to my online IQIYI account and reset the password.  I then checked to see if everything was OK with my histories and watched shows and then logged off.  I then went to the ROKU IQIYI on the TV and was able to log on with the newly reset password.  I check to see if I had VIP on the IQIYI ROKU account and I did.  I did notice that no memory or watched shows information transferred over from the online version.  Also after watching a few things I noticed that no new memory of watched shows information is being stored.  There seems also that there is no search function on the IQIYI ROKU TV version at this time.
One problem on the online side of IQIYI was that I was not able to set my phone number ( Still ).  When IQIYI send the verifying message to my phone, it never arrives ( as months ago when I tried it ).

tomdoh345@yahoo.com

tomdoh345
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I reset password on the online side and was then able to log on to the IQIYI ROKU account.  VIP also transferred but no memory or watched shows information.

Headly
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi 15m,

Yes, I had all the same kind of problems establishing an account on iQiYi on my computer - it actually took me days to figure out how to do it. I just kept trying every variation I could think of until finally something stuck. I sort of chalked it up to being from the U.S. Maybe they are still new at imagining why on earth there are U.S. viewers on their site. lol  Also, and this was a major drawback, I don't have a smartphone, which stymies me doing things almost every day. Darn it - I just don't need one in my life and I resent having to get one just so all these websites can "verify" my identity every time I try to sign in. 😞  Anyway, I'm just putting up with the lack of memory of episodes watched  and no search function on the  Roku version for now - who knows, maybe it will get better over time.

0 Kudos

IQIYI on roku, need help please!!!

Jump to solution

So I just added IQIYI to Roku, however, everytime I try to log into the app it just returns me back to Roku Home menu. Anybody had the same issue? 

Headly
Binge Watcher

Re: IQIYI on roku, need help please!!!

Jump to solution

Are you on a computer? I finally figured out my log-in to the VIP option on

a desktop computer.

0 Kudos
tomdoh345
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have VIP on both computer and ROKU now.  On ROKU I still do not have memory ( have to keep track of where I am in a movie or TV series myself ) and I have a much smaller number of movies and TV shows to pick from on ROKU's IQIYI.  All the failed attempts at getting my Computer IQIYI account to be recognized on ROKU IQIYI resulted in me having a second IQIYI account which I have hopefully deleted but I will look out for signs of it especially at billing renewal times.  IQIYI also seems to have fixed the way you input your phone number in your IQIYI account settings and that problem has gone away for me. 

0 Kudos
Headly
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

On the Roku iQiYi, if you go to the very top of the home page you'll see the heading "Dramas."

Always click on that first for all the dramas on iQiYi. There's still no search function so you have to

look through all the categories your drama might possibly be in to find it.

There's still no function to remember where you are in a drama, you just have to write it down somewhere and keep track.

Trish5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having issues with the IQIYI app on my Roku tv.  When I open the app, the screen flickers and when I choose a drama it takes me back to the Roku Home Screen.  I’ve always had issues with the app on Roku but I could at least watch a drama.  

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Trish5 

Think the IQiyi Channel/app is just having some issues.  Couldn't get past spinning circle a couple of days ago when testing for another user - now get past spinning loading circle but crashing/return to home screen after selecting any content.  

Looks like developers are making some progress with their fixes. (hopefully)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

tomdoh345
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I sometimes have the same problem.  It seemed random at first when it was happening but is happening all the time lately.  I can usually get to an item to watch without getting out and re-entering IQIYI.