Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRMSNTD
Reel Rookie

How about a backlit remote?

How many times do customers have to request this feature? Are we being ignored. We all know that it can be done...xFinity had them, I think that DISH had them, I was with each of these over twenty years each. I don't move around until the prices get out of control and rarely complain about features.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
GryphonSK
Reel Rookie

Re: How about a backlit remote?

The express stick really needs a backlit remote.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

I wouldn't worry about backlit remotes. Roku can't even make a normal voice remote that functions properly without excessive battery drain and having to pair them again because they stop working. Complaints about these things have been going on for years and Roku has done nothing to address any of it.

So the answer is absolutely 'Yes'! Roku IS ignoring us! They really don't seem to care based on their complete inaction/incompetence to correct these things..

Dfresh567
Roku Guru

@Emissary35 @CRMSNTD @GryphonSK 

It’s so weird how people on here complaining about battery drain my had four different Roku remotes over probably 10 years. The new remotes were due to getting either speakers that came with the remote a new tabletop Roku set way back in the day and then my TCL Roku TV and my remotes never lose battery. I don’t even remember ever changing batteries. Oh, and I bought the voice remote as well And I don’t even run out of battery with that either and I watch TV probably more than I should. With that being said I’m not sure what the deal is with your battery issues but I’m in total support of the backlit TV remote might not I buy it

CRMSNTD
Reel Rookie

First, I never said anything about a batteries in my post.

But, "I’m in total support of the backlit TV remote might not I buy it?"

Hmmm, interesting & confused.