Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feature request: disable wifi broadcast to reduce wifi interference

TO @jnwf. I would like to have a dialog with you about your family member intolerance with EHS and RF of any kind (WiFi, Bluetooth, or WiFi Direct). I am seeking mitigation with RF concerns in & around our home. 

How can we discuss this outside these posts?

0 Kudos
rogerx
Reel Rookie

I just leave the darn thing unplugged.

Like most electronic devices, they're really not needed for everyday living.

Electronic devices are really nice to have the first few days we have them, or just before the last year we have them.  Then gremlins exploit the darn things, making most electronic devices useless after the first year of ownership.  Electronic typewriters were probably the last best electronic device, for which lasted decades of use.

0 Kudos
ooSux
Binge Watcher

Regarding the question about intolerance of EHS and RF.. I am EMF sensitive.   If I stay in a wifi area for more than 30 minutes I get a migraine.  If I stay more than a couple hours my migraine gets so bad that I get nauseated.  I have multiple doctor's notes confirming this, and I am certainly not alone.  I actually worry about people that do not feel that they are being harmed by EMF because the science says you most certainly are, you just lost your ability to feel it, which is very concerning.

As for mitigating RF, get away from RF infested neighborhoods and workplaces.  I live in an older neighborhood with large multi-acre yards and not a lot of RF.  There is nothing in my house using RF.  No WiFi, No BlueTooth, No CellPhone, No Microwave Oven, Nothing.   I use Wired Ethernet for all my internet connectivity needs.   I have a plain old telephone system (POTS) landline telephone.  Yep, the wired telephones we all used in the 1980s, that's what I use today.   It works great.   It's a shame Roku won't let us turn off the wifi anymore.  Seems they have gone full EVIL in their attempts to dictate to customers that they will broadcast WiFi in your home whether you like it or not.  Roku is probably following the whole WEF/BlackRock/State Street/Vanguard crowd for complete world domination(i.e. "You will own nothing and be happy!" "Free Will? That's over!  We can hack humans now!").   I still have my Rokus powered off sitting in a box.  It was a good solution before they took away the No-WiFi option.   I am tempted to remove the antenna hardware components, but I found a couple of TVs that have similar functionality to Roku builtin and when connected to Wired Ethernet and Infrared Remotes the EMF is truly turned off.  I have confirmed this many times with a trifield meter.  Good Luck in mitigating your RF and Stay Safe Out There!   2024 is going to be an interesting year!

P.S.  Roku company leadership sucks!

0 Kudos

Afternoon, 

I ripped open my ultras and removed the 2 WiFi antennas. After reassembly, the wifi direct can still be detected. A lot less than originally, but its still there. Has anyone removed the solder around the wifi chip and pulled it out? 

0 Kudos
rogerx
Reel Rookie

Just be careful, scrap/remove any loose bits of solder possibly shorting nearby legs.  Real easy to get a little careless, and forget or skip doing so.  My old wrt54g router temporarily heated my living room for a few minutes (with it's shorted power transformer chip), before going kaput.

I just keep mine unplugged all of the  time, until the Roku device is sporadically needed for watching the local evening news, far from local broadcast range.

0 Kudos