Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ILovePussyCat
Channel Surfer

Feature request: Playback Speed option

Hope Roku could add "Playback Speed" option that works universally with every channel to the next update.

At the moment, there is only a fast forward option.

There are times when users would like to watch at 1.5x or 2x speed.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
ObieBrown
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature request: Playback Speed option

Yes pls... I need this big time. Thinking if ditching Roku because it does not have this.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

What other streaming devices have this feature?

0 Kudos
ObieBrown
Reel Rookie

I can stream from YouTube and change speed, any video at all on my PC I can change speed.

So clearly this is possible.

I really do watch more on my phone or PC now because of it.

Even TikTok now allows you to change speed of videos you watch.

So Roku not having this is 100% behind the times that is for sure.

andyross
Roku Guru

But that is on a computer. Roku and other devices use media chipsets that may not support off-speed playback. 

0 Kudos
madmax2069
Binge Watcher

This is something that Roku isn't going to be able to add that'll be compatible across all the apps, this is a function that the individual app developers are going to have to add to their app if the deem it. 

0 Kudos
ObieBrown
Reel Rookie

They could at minimum add it to there own Roku Media Player APP, I think that is the point most people are making.

andyross
Roku Guru

The Roku Media Player has not been updated in a very long time. It has several known bugs and has basically been abandoned by Roku. There are no 3rd party media players.

0 Kudos
korazy

I would like to +1 this for media player.  My western digial live media player from 10+ years ago could play media at 2x, 4x, 8x speed.  The 2x speed was a nice feature.

0 Kudos