Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJB
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: track shows your watching and which channel they're on!

I am very interested to see if the new OS 12 "Continue watching" feature gets us most of the way there. I will still use TV time for the big picture but if this solves the "what are we in the middle of watching" and "what streaming service is it on" question that would be great.

It appears with the new streaming services added to the list of those that will support this feature, many of the major players are on board.

BJB

0 Kudos
Tim_Hare
Streaming Star

Speaking only for myself, let me add that my preference is for all of my options to be settable and usable through the TV interface, rather than needing a phone app.  I can get used to using the phone to control the TV if I have to, but I'd rather just use the TV,  which would free me to use a "less smart" phone

0 Kudos
bpratt

The problem I have with tracking things on a phone is that my wife and I like to watch TV together.  Wouldn't a better solution be to have the App on Roku so we can both view the possible programs on the TV screen?

0 Kudos
BJB
Streaming Star

Absolutely!!!!  Having it integrated would be great

But in general your wish list (can keep separate) can be on tvtime. Currently watching list too...but oncce figure out what to watch (or i get a tvtime notification a show is coming up) the Roku "continue watching" gets to the right app and episode 80% of time, Covers most services.

Not 100% automated but not bad. And you can scroll about what to watch on a phone or tablet vs, on screen,

0 Kudos