Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Feature Request: track shows your watching and which channel they're on!

Apple TV keeps track of you shows.

My problem is,  I watch multiple shows on multiple channels   I don't always remember where I am in a show and whether it's on Netflix,  Prime, Hulu, Roku channel etc.

Please create a feature on ROKU or an APP that lets me see where my shows are and where I am in them. Plus, how many episodes/season are left AND if new episodes or season are available of coming soon!

This is the digital age and having to keep a notepad by the TV to write down my shows is the opposite of progress.

3 Replies
Level 7

Re: Feature Request: track shows your watching and which channel they're on!

Do you use the Roku app on the phone for your remote, or do you use the remote that came with the device?

Basically, you are asking for a "meta-" app that would have to use an API (Application Programming Interface) provided by each company,  IF they supply one,  to request information about what you've watched,  and combine them all into a guide based on shows, rather than channels.  It would be an interesting challenge but I'm not sure all of the data is available to an app

0 Kudos
Level 7

True, but like the OP points out: the Apple TV app does this (mostly, as it doesn’t track Netflix). Google’s updated interface also tracks episodes across apps now, too, and even includes YoutubeTV — a bonus that I doubt they’d extend to their competitors any time soon (though I hope I’m wrong on that since my household uses YouTubeTV as our main cable replacement). 

Level 8

We really need Roku to do something like this. It would be great!

BJB

0 Kudos