Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlsoaz
Roku Guru

Feature Request: search suggestion

This must have been asked or suggested before, but if I go to search and can't find a given video or channel, wouldn't it be just a basic idea to allow us to mark it to Roku as a title we'd like to see, and that way the Roku team could quickly identify channels or titles that users have been clamoring for?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
twiceover
Roku Guru

Re: search question/suggestion

I'm sure they do for their own purposes already, you probably just aren't aware.
0 Kudos
jlsoaz
Roku Guru

"twiceover" wrote:
I'm sure they do for their own purposes already, you probably just aren't aware.

Thanks, it might be a good idea, but unless they've said they do this, I won't assume it.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Roku Guru

"jlsoaz" wrote:
"twiceover" wrote:

Thanks, it might be a good idea, but unless they've said they do this, I won't assume it.

They are in the business of collecting data and selling it.  I would assume they do.  🙂
That said, it's really only for their channel.  They can't really collect that information and tell Netflix to try to target getting a show/movie.  though, they might make those search results available to their top channel developers.
0 Kudos