Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niaxilin
Level 8

Feature Request: Roku Sleep Timer (In * Options Menu)

Please add a Sleep Timer to the Options (*) menu. A left/right slide below "Night listenening" that increments/decrements a timer could be perfect. 15min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr.

roku_sleep.jpg

My TV turns off with a sleep timer, but the Roku keeps streaming, eating away at my monthly bandwidth.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
niaxilin
Level 8

Re: Feature Request: Roku Sleep Timer (In * Options Menu)

Roku OS v9.2 adds a "Bandwidth Saver" feature which stops streaming after four (4) hours. But this isn't configurable, and it's a bit too long to be used as a sleep timer, unless you're having a reeeaaally hard time sleeping 😉

Highlighted
mvb2
Level 7

It's hard to believe that after all of this time, Roku STILL hasn't added this simple feature. Yes, the functionality is already built into most TVs, but when the TV turns off the Roku keeps streaming. For those of us trying to manage our data usage, this is a problem. I noticed that a recent update has added a power button to the Roku main menu, which can turn off the connected TV. This is a step in the right direction. Can we please have a configurable sleep timer added? The fact that this post has over 2000 views in comparison to most other feature requests should be a strong indicator of how many people want this functionality. We would greatly appreciate this addition.
Highlighted
Iona-D
Level 10

I agree!  In the meantime, this is how I solved this lack of an very important feature and manage my data usage as well:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Community-Discussions/Using-A-Dependable-Data-Saving-Timer-With-My-Rok...

In summary:Elaborate Philips Timer Set Up Resized.jpg

I will continue to hope that Roku adds a sleep timer to it's products.  I won't wait around for them to do so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Iona-D
Level 10

0 Kudos
Highlighted
isaacf
Level 7

I have two Roku TVs which have sleep timers, but the functionality is very limited. At least for Roku TVs, it seems like it would be fairly easy to set up the ability to sleep/shut off at the end of a movie/episode - or even after X number of episodes. 

If that's not possible, it would at least be ideal if we could set time amount of time on the sleep timer to smaller increments (e.g., 5, 10, and 15 minutes).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nerdman
Level 8

A lot of this would be solved if there were better CEC-HDMI controls in the Roku and in the industry. When the TV went off the Roku would see it and stop streaming. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BrianL
Level 7

That would be awesome.  Then I would only need to use my (Roku) remote as long as the timer turned off the tv as well as the (Roku).

0 Kudos