Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billbogaiv
Visitor

Re: Return to Home Screen on Power Button

"Smokindog" wrote:
It would really be nice to have a feature option to terminate apps and return to HOME upon a power button request from the remote.

I know at-least "Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD" does something similar. When my TV is turned-off, the Fire TV goes into standby. Watching something like "DirecTV Now" or "Netflix" stops streaming. Then, when the TV is turned-on later, the app. is restarted automatically.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

"Smokindog" wrote:
PS - I always chuckle when someone says some software feature "can't be done" 🙂  Not a slam at you, just a general observation.  

By the way. My can't be done comment included an additional phrase "...across the board".  Smiley LOL No offense taken.  😄
Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
esprague
Reel Rookie

Hey, stupid question guys:

When you are streaming something on your tv and are finished watching your movie or show, do you just turn the tv off or do you go the home screen first? do you think you can damage the tv by not going to the home screen first?  Thanks for your help guys.  I'd interested in knowing how many people just hit the power off button, and how many people click the home button first.  Thanks.

Erik

0 Kudos