"Basil" wrote:"Coach David" wrote:
I have the stick on other TV's and it's just not a good user interface when you can't tell that you are not streaming without turning the tv back on
Actually, it's easy to tell. Were you streaming when you hit the "off" button? Then it's still streaming. Every Roku device (not Roku TV, but the standard Roku devices) works that way.
Yes the Ultra remote turns the TV on & off, but what burns me is the Roku unit will not turn off - on 24/7
"Smokindog" wrote:"atc98092" wrote:
Just pressing the Home button before powering down will always close any channel and stop playback. I made that my habit way back when I got my first Roku.
Someone else has proposed a sleep timer, which would stop any playback after a set time, and I think that would make sense. They can't implement what you propose across the board because before this year no Roku remote has a power button except for the Roku TVs.
That's why it needs to be added as an option button. Home button habits don't work if you fall asleep watching TV 😉 Also, when my TV is turned off, I expect everything associated with it to terminate (ala CEC). This request has too many merits to dismiss IMO.
PS - I always chuckle when someone says some software feature "can't be done" 🙂 Not a slam at you, just a general observation.
- Prevents excessive use of bandwidth
- Makes is more consistent with devices that actually DO power off
- Dovetails with implementation of sleep timer (another obvious need IMO)
- Makes operation more consistent with CEC intent/operation
- Makes the device behave like most others
- I don't have previous versions of ROKU (I have 4660 and 3800) but if as you say they just added the power button this feature should not impact other ROKU devices as they don't have the power feature........