Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parent

Feature Request: Parental Controls

Hello All,

As a parent and customer; I am requesting that Roku expand parental controls. My kids need a password to view apps/shows such as "Go Noodle" and "NASA TV" because it doesn't have a rating?! Furthermore, why can't you keep "Kid and Family" screen up all the time for the Roku channel app? If you agree please like this post and post your own comments. Let the Roku company know.

Thank you for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
Ang0909
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Parental Controls

YES, please set up extensive parental controls! Or I’m leaving Roku!!!

KAMC

Agreed! There should at least be an option to add a channel to approved and therefore pinless access. It’s fine if unrated content by default requires a pin but the parent should be able to remove that requirement. 

garland0130
Reel Rookie

Agreed. This has been a massive pain point for me this year especially during remote schooling while I still have to work. I hide the remote, but I would rather have parental controls because I don't mind NASA TV, but Prime or Netflix I want blocked. 

Something like Microsoft Family would be AMAZING! 

dv8n13ways

I'd just like if we had a parental control option to lock specific apps from being able to be accessed without a pin. Like you can add specific apps to your device and once they're on the device they're good but if you lock them behind the pin they can't be accessed without that information because I hate having to keep removing apps from a device that's in a shared room just to make it so that the kids can't access them and then have to re-add the apps when anyone who is an adult goes to use a device

0 Kudos