Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDinTV
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request: Configure Default Channel Selection for Guest Mode

Let’s all try to reach out to Spectrum on this now, while they’re negotiating with Roku. 

ncstater
Reel Rookie

To build on this thought, I think the request should be broader than just the Spectrum Channel.  It would be great if we could designate the specific channels and the layout of those channels for guest mode of our devices (even it has to be at the account level, not the device level).

There are too many default channels currently loaded in Guest Mode which are never used or desired.   Because we want to be customer centric, we really want to serve up exactly the channels we know our guest will want, and we want to order them in the order we believe they will use.   

Right now, I have to go into each device, each time I set-up Guest Mode to configure it, and it is a lengthy process, which isn't retained for the next time I go into Guest Mode.   Additionally, because I have to do that, I lose the benefit of the greeting screen, as the guest never sees that.

Thank you for considering this.

Tags (1)
Mochipark
Reel Rookie

Re: Add channel to Guest Mode

Kibosh is 100% correct. Owners of short term rental properties need a feature to add or customize the defaulted channels on the Home Screen in Guest Mode. Allowing guests to access the renters Spectrum subscription (for live tv) without having each new guest/renter to re-add the said channel.

Brianh899

Definitely need this feature.  I just set up two Roku TVs for a rental and was assuming it had the functionality this feature request describes.

StoryHack
Channel Surfer

I know, right? It is kind of sad how this seems to be the most often requested feature and Roku doesn't seem to care. Even if they can't work things out with Spectrum for auto log in on guest mode like some of these users want, owners could have several of the free channels installed and organized. Seems like a relatively easy programming fix that would add a ton of value.

Now that the "Spectrum App" has returned to Roku, BTW Roku Rocks!, would you all please add the Spectrum app to the default "Guest Mode" applications? I, like others in this thread, own a Bed & Breakfast (Eufaula House on Barbour) and currently have to run through each of our guest rooms to activate the Spectrum App in "Guest Mode" just before each guest checks in. Most of our guests are over 50 and the Roku streaming thing can present a challenge to most of them. (BTW did I say Roku Rocks?) The Spectrum App offers our guests the more "traditional cable TV experience" with channels they are accustomed to and that makes them very happy.

Thank you for considering this.

DR714

still waiting for this. I do not see why there is not a staging setting in the guest mode settings to customize the default boot settings and apps of said guest mode.

CrashedSnow
Reel Rookie

Pretty sure Roku don't actually monitor this community. Right now we're just screaming into the void, I doubt it will go anywhere. I'm gradually replacing all my Roku devices with Google TV. As far as I can tell Roku is on a downward spiral to oblivion.

That's the point. I own an Airbnb. I pay for Spectrum cable. If guests are using guest mode in my home they are able to watch Spectrum in my home, nowhere else. Isn't that the point of guest mode?

dmaister

Thanks for a detailed description of this issue last year @_Bob.

Our condo uses SFN TV (Southern Fibernet) as a Roku app, that probably works similar to Spectrum's app and requires initial setup and login.

It would be good to be able to use Guest mode, but have certain apps positioned and logged in permanently for the guest - as this is no different that having a cable box, as this is where many more providers are heading (Google Fiber TV, anyone)?

Since I can't require guest mode due to the app issue, the other issue that causes with the sticks is that some guests are fully resetting the stick (and thereby removing it from my account) and logging it into their own account. (Using either the physical button, or on screen reset).

It would be nice is the guest mode truly functions and locks out any reset capability, but still allows homeowners to define which apps and login statuses remain intact.

I've wondered if getting an actual Roku TV (TCL/HIsense, etc.) would help the issue, but I would hate to invest in a new TV just to find that the issue is still the same.

I suggest a New Feature - a new Option set for each Roku Channel which indicates the Roku channel should not be reset by Guest Logout / Checkout.   The option would protect this channel when a reset/checkout occurs by not removing the channel, not clearing the credentials, and position the channels with this setting on Home screen before the default channels Roku adds.   Option can only be set when not in Guest Mode or as part of the MyRoku online.  Additionally, the option should prevent the channel from being Removed while in Guest Mode to avoid the need of a guest having to ask for the credentials to add it back if inadvertently removed.

Tags (1)