Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kibosh
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request: Configure Channel Selection for Guest Mode

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
[Topic title updated to reflect feature request] 

Thanks for sharing the feedback and request here. I'll be sure to pass the suggestion along to our team!

Cheers,
Tanner

Thanks! It would be a great addition.
scottypie1234
Reel Rookie

Re: Add channel to Guest Mode

"kibosh" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:
"kibosh" wrote:
The Spectrum app works fine in guest mode. I pay for Spectrum cable and the app is running on my home’s wifi so even signing in isn’t required.  All we are asking is for us to choose the default apps presented in guest mode so that the user doesn’t have to install it themselves. 

It doesn't work fine in Guest Mode for your guests. You can only log into it with credentials at the registered physical address.

Maybe you are misunderstanding me.  The app is being launched in my residence . . . you do not need credentials when launching the app while connected to my wifi. You only need login credentials when outside of the residence.

It definitely works with the roku in guest mode, I am watching it right now.

I got crossed in conversation. I thought you were still the OP. Why does the OP say that the Spectrum app is not available in Guest Mode? That's what I was addressing.
0 Kudos
kibosh
Channel Surfer

Gotcha. I don’t want to speak for them but I believe they are referring to the fact that when you apply guest mode to the roku, it basically signs you out of your account and then presents a set of default apps for the guest to use. These are predetermined by roku and includes common stuff like netflix and hulu. What we would like is to also include some user defined picks. So I would add the spectrum app for example so that is displayed on the home screen making it easier for my guests.

As a bit of a work around you can customize a welcome screen. I changed mine to say install the Spectrum TV app to watch cable but I can see people just ignoring this screen.
domitten

I have the same request.  Would like to be able to customize the apps that are pre-installed in Guest Mode so I can include the Spectrum app.

UkiwiS
Channel Surfer

@kibosh wrote:
Gotcha. I don’t want to speak for them but I believe they are referring to the fact that when you apply guest mode to the roku, it basically signs you out of your account and then presents a set of default apps for the guest to use. These are predetermined by roku and includes common stuff like netflix and hulu. What we would like is to also include some user defined picks. So I would add the spectrum app for example so that is displayed on the home screen making it easier for my guests.

As a bit of a work around you can customize a welcome screen. I changed mine to say install the Spectrum TV app to watch cable but I can see people just ignoring this screen.

This is EXACTLY what I want to do. Apparently that wasn't clear enough in my original post.

todd_potter
Reel Rookie

Re: Feature Request: Configure Default Channel Selection for Guest Mode

Yes, this request absolutely.

I have something like 20 rokus in patient rooms at the hospital I work at. I use guest mode, but would like to be able to set a standard list of default channels (like Pluto, Xumo) that when a new patient arrives, it is already in their channel list without them having to go to the store and get it.

We have a lot of...mature...non-technical people that I'm trying to spoon feed newer technology.  Gotta do it in baby steps. If I can get some default channels that they find enjoyable, maybe they won't be afraid of using a roku next time.

MDinTV
Channel Surfer

Love the customizable guest mode welcome message! And, Spectrum App in Guest Mode is all I need too. Yep, I’m another vacation rental property owner that wants my guests using guest mode to have as easy of a time using the Spectrum cable tv service as they do using the Roku device. Since Spectrum TV is paid for at this address, with the Spectrum app pre-loaded on the list of default guest apps, they would have instant access to all the live tv channels too. How do we make this happen?!

steveaux

Consider this another vote for this feature.  I manually install the Spectrum app in guest mode on all three TVs and move it to the top of the app list prior to each guest's arrival to our Airbnb.  It would make life so much easier if it was already in the default list or if we could choose the apps in the default list.  How many votes do we need to make this happen?

steveaux

Add Spectrum app to default app list in Guest Mode

Please add the Spectrum app to the default app list in Guest Mode or allow for customization of the default app list.  

UkiwiS
Channel Surfer

This is the exact process I actually follow.  I'm not always able to do it as I don't live locally and it's a bit of a pain....not everyone can follow directions. How many votes do we need?  I doubt they even read it!