Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klgrube
Streaming Star

Feature Request: Auto sign-in to an app.

Hi!

I'm enjoying my ROKU streaming stick.  But I do have one suggestion.  Would it be possible to allow me to select a specific app to start every time my ROKU connects?

When ROKU connects, it displays all of the apps I have available.  I set up YouTube TV as the first app in the list because it is the one I most frequently use.  It would be great if there were a setting to say "Always start up this specific app whenever I sign in." and then let me choose one, in this case YouTube TV.

This is, I guess, a feature request since I don't see this as an option yet.

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Auto sign-in to an app.

I believe that's been requested many times in the past, but Roku has shown no interest.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
klgrube
Streaming Star

Then we need to MAKE them care about customer requests.  KEEP ASKING!  CALL!  TWEET!  EMAIL!  POST!!! Keep asking that they begin allowing you to select an ap to start whenever ROKU connects.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's extremely unlikely that they'll give you a way to bypass that ad on the main screen, but you can try.  🙂

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
klgrube
Streaming Star

Then display that ad for 5-10 seconds before opening the app.  I don't care.  I just don't like having to navigate to the app to open it every time.  ROKU, if you're listening, please respond.

0 Kudos