Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Any Plans for a Roku Bluetooth Keyboard?

I've used a Roku premiere for about a year and really love it, so much that I recently purchased a Roku TV.  It is by far the easiest OS for the streaming generation.  The one drawback I see, and it is a significant draw back is that is doesn't allow a wireless/bluetooth keyboard.  With two way interaction via the large screen (TV) only increasing as people purchase, video call, social network, etc... more and more on the large screens in their house, the need for individuals to be able to type quickly and comfortably will only increase.

There seems to me to be an opportunity that Roku is missing.  If they can offer a wireless keyboard that can not only control the Roku devices but computers and other devices as well, then that will be very attractive to hardware and TV buyers.  It seems to me that Roku could increase some market share and bring more people on its platform with a keyboard or at least the ability to let other companies (Logitech) make a keyboard that works with Roku.

I hope someone will consider it.  I'm getting tired of trying multiple devices off my old TV and having keyboards and remotes all around me.

7 REPLIES 7
lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Re: Feature Request: Any Plans for a Roku Bluetooth Keyboard?

As a quick fix, if you have a smart phone or ipad you can install the roku app and use it as a remote which has a keyboard option.

Jsdebrita

I have a Samsung that 5 years old. I insert usb thumbport to the samsung smart TV. 
i turn on my keyboard and i can type any where in the room on the TV screen. 

i can browse the web and even download some mobile apps on my TV. 

i got a 50” Roku for fathers day 2020. 
i needed a bigger TV because the samsung is 27” and i can no longer read onscreen from across the room. 

i had a 32” roku i bought two years ago for the grand kids playstation. 

i was disappointed in both roku tv’s as a keyboard is a necessity. Who the heck wants to tap a dang remote to type. 

guarantee this is my last roku. Because i can see roku is not interested in improving or satisfying the customer with upgrades. 
i complained two years ago and never got a reply. Which is why i gave the tv to the kids. And stuck with the samsung. 

being this 50” is a gift. I am not going to complain out loud to them. 

So unless i see some software or hardware that can compete with SMART TV that i bought 5 years ago. 
roku is going down. 

i’d rather buy and hdmi HD tv and connect my iphone or ipad then to use a roku. 

hands down. Zero star rating for Toku. 
It shows you never listen to you consumers. 
you don’t deserve our business

Kistonewa
Reel Rookie

Discovered I could run the Roku app on my Galaxy s10e. Then paired my logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard to my phone & I can use physical keyboard to enter into the Roku app which puts it into my TCL series 3 Roku TV for searches etc..

Roku should build in support for mouse & keyboard, but at least I can use  physical Bluetooth keyboard now.

I’d like to add my request for a wireless keyboard compatible with my Roku Smart tv. I haven’t even got internet yet, have never used a smart TV, but I write a lot of letters and stories. Using a proper keyboard to type and having that larger screen to read and edit would be great! Since my only other device is a small iPhone. (Hey, Im old. Don’t nag me to buy more devices. The TV was a gift.🙂)

0 Kudos

Wow. Just read the comment from the Samsung guy with the old Roku. Sounds like Roku isn’t going to rush to give us a keyboard. 

0 Kudos
Mudgen
Reel Rookie

GREAT hack!  I had given up on setting up IP Camera Viewer because of the amount of typing involved per camera and the number of cameras I have.  This workaround will let me get through it in a reasonable time.

0 Kudos
Mudgen
Reel Rookie

@Kistonewa I'm sorry I left reply link out of my reply.  Two-stepping keyboard through phone is a great hack!

0 Kudos