Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

Exactly! Its been slightly over 6 months and not only do we not have a solution, but we also have RADIO SILENCE!!! Thanks for nothing Roku! 

akakar4858
Streaming Star

Re: Feature Request: Adjust volume Roku Surround Sound TV Wireless Speakers when paired with Smart S

Jump to solution

Exactly! Its been slightly over 6 months and not only do we not have a solution, but we also have RADIO SILENCE!!! Thanks for nothing Roku! 

Zimm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am definitely hoping for this feature. 

Christiaan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please ROKU! This is a feature that so many people have been asking for but to no avail? Please take care of your loyal customers by listening to them and responding to what is a gaping error in your product and can be very simply fixed with a software update. As a long time fan and supported of ROKU and its products I am so dissappointed that they rolled out this product sold it at a premium price and is no simply refusing to fix it. Why?

brucem142
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here. I have a TCL 65” Roku T.V. along with a Roku sound bar, sub woofer and wireless speakers. The speakers are useless because there is very little sound coming from them.  Roku advertises “Surround Sound” coming from these speakers. What a joke. 

ryaNP0716

Jump to solution

This really needs to be addressed. Its been far too long to have subpar surround sound.  Please release an update to severely increase surround speaker volume. We cannot hear it when the soundbar is on. it makes the speakers useless and it is marketed as surround sound.

mcgooze
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It would appear that this is (hopefully) FINALLY being addressed!

From Roku's blog, here:
https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-94

"Surround level control for multi-channel audio – If you own Roku audio products with a multi-channel speaker configuration, you’ll be able to adjust the volume of your rear surround speakers relative to the volume of your soundbar for sound levels that match your preference."

I checked my soundbar & did a system update. It's still showing 9.3. I'll be watching for 9.4 & look forward to cranking them rear speakers!

Ed1506
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Better than nothing, but 4 discrete levels are hardly what I would call flexible.  Will have to experiment to see if it is at least serviceable.  One thing for sure, it cannot be worse than the nothing we had before

still nor impressed though

Christiaan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fingers crossed, getting ready to test and experiment! Thank you ROKU for a step in the right direction.

0 Kudos
akakar4858
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Finally, on September 28th Roku announced Roku 9.4 (link below). According to Roku with this update comes the following:

• Surround Level Control for Multi-Channel Audio – Users of Roku audio products who have a multi-channel speaker configuration will be able to adjust the volume of their rear surround speakers relative to the volume of their soundbar to match their personal preference.

Also according to Roku on the release date of Roku 9.4:

Availability

Roku OS 9.4 will begin rolling out to select Roku players this month and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming players, including the all-new Roku Ultra and Roku Streambar, in the coming weeks. Roku TV models are expected to receive the update in phases over the coming months.

This was back on September 28th, now according to Roku Support on Twitter who recently are still stating "in the coming weeks" 

Screenshot_20201029-090458_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20201029-090443_Twitter.jpg

I'm happy Roku is finally listening to us after months of us asking, but wish there was better transparency in terms of the release of this update. 

As promised here is the original link where Roku announces Roku 9.4:

https://newsroom.roku.com/news/2020/09/roku-os-9-4-provides-new-ways-to-access-content/kv41ubqz-1601...

0 Kudos