Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

Feature Request: Add live local OTA channels

Please add live tv channels like court tv, Dabl, NBC lx , comet tv charge, HSN, please add other live tv channels to Roku tv  channel app these are suggestion for adding more channels to ROKU TV app. we are limited to download space we would like to see OTA channels that already air over the internet and  we dont need duplicated tv apps that do the same thing, please add these channels to the roku channel tv app. Please integrate these channels that already air over the internet onto roku tv app make it happen on all platforms

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
dofzin
Reel Rookie

Re: Add live local OTA channels

If you live in a supported area you can get all local stations with the locast.org app. 

0 Kudos
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

Locast is Geo locked not in my area im only interested in Roku response thanks, I already now about that tho, just like stirr app and all the others.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku offers some live channels via The Roku Channel. But I think most of the channels you're looking for are truly OTA and you won't get them via a streaming player. There's a handful that have their own dedicated app/channel for Roku, such as Comet TV, Court TV, and others. But in general if you want OTA channels you get a TV, not a streaming player. There are devices such as the SiliconDust HDHomeRun that you connect an antenna to, then connect it to your network, and then access it via an app on a streamer. 

But if you aren't in a location that provides a decent OTA signal, for the majority of OTA channels you're out of luck.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

I am talking aboit channels that already air over internet their are lot! Dabl is a good example Venn network is another court tv. NBC Lx Etc. Etc. These are a few that air in real over internet. These just example of what im talking about.

0 Kudos
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

And also i already know about those features and app such as stirr app comet tv app court TV we are limited on tv space it would be nice feature if Roku would add these channels to their tv app.

0 Kudos
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

Also home run is another one i know about i already know about that information im not interested in more devices.

0 Kudos
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

And if you read my comment fully this suggestion is not add duplicated apps that do the same thing im trying to simplify things so data space is used for junk apps that are clones of each other. Yes i know about court TV app and comet app stirr app and other  "devices" that can be integrated. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Then we're telling you it won't happen. Roku themselves does not create any channels for Roku devices, other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. Their business is to provide a platform and offer advertisements that other channels use. They have said numerous times they aren't going to create channels for other providers. If it's not offered through TRC, they aren't going to get involved. I'm not saying that some of the providers you mentioned might some day be added to TRC, but since the content they provide is constantly changing I wouldn't put long term hopes on it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ricov7824
Binge Watcher

I never said "create" you didnt read comment fully its all about developing partner ship. Dont argue about my comment because you didnt read it fully 

0 Kudos