Suggest a Feature

Share your requests for new features, channels, etc. with the Roku team! Search keywords and add a kudo to an existing topic to show your support, or create a new topic if your suggestion isn't listed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrennro
Level 8

Feature Request - Add a Universal Saved or Favorites Watchlist For All Content From Any Channel

With more and more streaming choices available, it would be great if I could save a list of movies to a watchlist in the Roku menu.  My Feed doesn't really meet this need.  I want a Roku watchlist that is similar to the Movie Store watchlist.  This way when I hear about a movie I want to watch, I add it to the Roku watchlist.  Then months later, I can scroll through the Roku watchlist, select the movie, and Roku tells me which services have the movie.

Many streaming services have watchlist already, but it's just for that specific service.  So Fandango has a watchlist, but it's only for Fandango movies.  I want to use the Roku ability to search across services, since the movie may not be available on Fandango (e.g. Netflix-only movie) or be available to me for free on one of my subscribed services, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, etc.   

The hassle today is that I have no central place to create this list of movies.  I don't want to have watchlists scattered across each of my services.  It seems like Roku could do away with that hassle.  I should be able to just save the movie in Roku and then have Roku do the search later.  

Labels (1)
2 Replies
warrennro
Level 8

Re: Need a "Watchlist" at the Roku-level where I can save movies to watch later (NOT My Fe

Another benefit is that the Roku watchlist would greatly help when movies bounce around different services.  The movie may have originally been on Netflix, but the Netflix watchlist won't be useful if Netflix loses the rights and it goes to another service.   Then it just disappears from my Netflix wishlist and I forget about it or I have to search around to find it again. 

0 Kudos
warrennro
Level 8

Re: Need a "Watchlist" at the Roku-level where I can save movies to watch later (NOT My Fe

My Feed could actually be useful for this if it was possible to see the list of movies and TV shows added to the feed.  I originally thought that was the purpose of My Feed.  At one point I went through search and added a bunch of shows to be followed on Roku, but then I was surprised when I later went to My Feed and couldn't see the list of programs I was following.   I eventually removed the shows when they would pop up in the feed because I didn't want the notifications of when they moved around.  With My Feed, I got notifications I didn't want and couldn't see the list of shows I wanted. 

For what I want, here's how it could be accomplished:

- Add an option to My Feed which disables the notifications

- Add an option to My Feed which lets me see the list of movies and TV shows which Roku is watching

These changes would essentially create a Watchlist-like capability where users could create lists of programming they want to have access to at a later time.

0 Kudos