Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrennro
Reel Rookie

Feature Request - Add a Universal Saved or Favorites Watchlist For All Content From Any Channel

With more and more streaming choices available, it would be great if I could save a list of movies to a watchlist in the Roku menu.  My Feed doesn't really meet this need.  I want a Roku watchlist that is similar to the Movie Store watchlist.  This way when I hear about a movie I want to watch, I add it to the Roku watchlist.  Then months later, I can scroll through the Roku watchlist, select the movie, and Roku tells me which services have the movie.

Many streaming services have watchlist already, but it's just for that specific service.  So Fandango has a watchlist, but it's only for Fandango movies.  I want to use the Roku ability to search across services, since the movie may not be available on Fandango (e.g. Netflix-only movie) or be available to me for free on one of my subscribed services, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, etc.   

The hassle today is that I have no central place to create this list of movies.  I don't want to have watchlists scattered across each of my services.  It seems like Roku could do away with that hassle.  I should be able to just save the movie in Roku and then have Roku do the search later.  

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
warrennro
Reel Rookie

Re: Need a "Watchlist" at the Roku-level where I can save movies to watch later (NOT My Fe

Another benefit is that the Roku watchlist would greatly help when movies bounce around different services.  The movie may have originally been on Netflix, but the Netflix watchlist won't be useful if Netflix loses the rights and it goes to another service.   Then it just disappears from my Netflix wishlist and I forget about it or I have to search around to find it again. 

warrennro
Reel Rookie

Re: Need a "Watchlist" at the Roku-level where I can save movies to watch later (NOT My Fe

My Feed could actually be useful for this if it was possible to see the list of movies and TV shows added to the feed.  I originally thought that was the purpose of My Feed.  At one point I went through search and added a bunch of shows to be followed on Roku, but then I was surprised when I later went to My Feed and couldn't see the list of programs I was following.   I eventually removed the shows when they would pop up in the feed because I didn't want the notifications of when they moved around.  With My Feed, I got notifications I didn't want and couldn't see the list of shows I wanted. 

For what I want, here's how it could be accomplished:

- Add an option to My Feed which disables the notifications

- Add an option to My Feed which lets me see the list of movies and TV shows which Roku is watching

These changes would essentially create a Watchlist-like capability where users could create lists of programming they want to have access to at a later time.

jkd
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request - Add a Universal Saved or Favorites Watchlist For All Content From Any Channel

PLEASE DO THIS! This Is simply an extension of the agnostic, cross platform search feature that made Roku so popular in the first place. This is a no brainer. Please do this! It would add so much value.

MercadianMaster
Channel Surfer

Feature Request: Favorite Shows, links to apps they belong to...

I want this experience. If I am in an app, like HBO, I of course can already add West World to 'My List' within HBO... but how about "Add to Roku Favorites'? If that were a link within a show, I would click it, it then adds it to a 'Favorites' section on the Roku.

Accessing the Favorites... I turn on the TV, it happens to be on the Home screen of the Roku. I click left, then select a new section called Favorites. Inside favorites, I will see West World. I click it, it automatically opens HBO and goes right to the show. If I click Family Guy, it opens whatever app I used to 'Favorite' it, like Hulu, then goes right to the show.

I NEEEED this because there are so many shows I watch, I forget what I'm watching. So, one list, all my shows. I click one and it opens in the corresponding app it was added with. If it can do that, then it can also flag the favorites with 'NEW' when there's a new episode. They already do that in the apps.

sophiab

Re: Feature Request - Add a Universal Saved or Favorites Watchlist For All Content From Any Channel

I agree, this is much needed. Please seriously consider adding this feature to Roku.

Savas

Coming from a firestick where you could always do this. Its frustrating when I find something I like on the roku channel and cant remember it when I want to watch it.

Suzb123

So, many have this same question but there aren't ANY answers !??

lynnl
Reel Rookie

I came here to request this.  With so many streaming services, so much content spread all over the place, a Universal Watch List is the killer app of streaming.  Whichever device adds it first, be it Roku, Fire, or Google, will become my primary device.

For movies it would be great, for TV it would be particularly awesome, especially for shows with different seasons on different services.  For example, Rick Steves' Europe is now spread between Amazon Prime, PBS, and Hulu, depending on what season you're looking for.

bdoyle159

@lynnl 

It looks like the new Chromecast that was just announced has this feature. It is supposed to be a seamless experience between apps and features a global watchlist. Time for Roku to step it up.