Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MercadianMaster
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request: Favorite Shows, links to apps they belong to...

I just realized this weekend that this is what “My Feed” is supposed to be. But it was designed so so so poorly. It’s basically useless. So, I’ll change my request to be... please make changes to “My Feed” to work as described in my initial request.

LDrewDavis

I think My Feed is supposed to be about notifications -- announcements of new seasons of shows, movies being released from the theater / DVD / streaming / TV cycle, and so on.  But I agree, a watchlist was the first thing I was thinking of when I first heard about the feature, and was puzzled that Roku doesn't seem to have one.

I'd have to reiterate the many other requests that My Feed show a list of things you've already added to it.  I haven't yet discovered a way to view the things I've already added.

The watchlist might be combined with My Feed.  Some people apparently don't want the notification functionality, so just make the watchlist a list of shows with a checkbox to "follow".

Even if the watchlist can't launch the show directly in whatever service it happens to be on, it's still a useful feature to have a list of stuff that I watch, along with a link to the streaming service that carries it.  In that, It's much like the cross-platform search that's one of the big advantages of Roku -- only with a stored list of programs rather than a search.

THIS! ALL OF THIS!

I need this on Roku so, so bad! I agree with ever word. I find great things on so many apps, but always forget which app or what I found. I want to be able to favorite anything, just like a web bookmark, also have it link directly back to the specific app and specific media I bookmarked. Just like the search function does. Simple, I would think. You could even set it up as a menu option using the * button on the remote. This (and the ability to sideload apps 😜) would make me a permanent Roku user! 

I use a PC media center program called Kodi that allows for this functionality, and I love it, but the Roku is just so much easier to use and works with all my paid subscription services. I'd prefer to use it exclusively.

Please Roku, make this happen. We're getting you! 🖤🙏🖤

0 Kudos
fbukher13

Re: Feature Request - Add a Universal Saved or Favorites Watchlist For All Content From Any Channel

How has this not been created yet! It seems so obvious and such a real pain.

0 Kudos
MercadianMaster
Channel Surfer

Re: Feature Request - Add a Universal Saved or Favorites Watchlist For All Content From Any Channel

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I’m sure just about all Roku users would love this feature. We just don’t hear from all of them because most of them don’t know to go here to this forum and voice their opinion. But yeah, Roku needs to add this feature. A lot of times I forget which app certain shows are on so I have to keep a **bleep** list on my phone. Lame

0 Kudos
XITPro
Channel Surfer

Yes, agree with it all. My first experience with Roku and finding that staying up to date with new episodes of

my favorite shows is extremely cumbersome. It would be nice to have one place to go to.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.