Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunshinefl
Reel Rookie

Customize Default Application for Guest Mode

Allow configuring which Applications load when Guest Mode is activated.  I have a vacation rental with Spectrum TV and I need the Spectrum App to load when a guest signs into Guest Mode.

8 REPLIES 8
pbernard

Re: Customize Default Application for Guest Mode

Exactly. I need a default app load that includes my cable app, signed in with credentials.

aandebosrand
Reel Rookie

Same here.

we have a vacation home for rent.

ideal would be that I can chose some default apps that the tourist has available when he arrives

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. Please be advised that your guests can enjoy the following benefits when using Guest Mode:

1. Watch content on their own accounts. Sign in to their favorite apps like Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, ESPN, and Sling TV to watch content on their accounts.
  2. Automatic and manual sign-out for data deletion Guests will be automatically signed out at 11:00 a.m. on the date they choose. All their credentials, viewing history, added apps, and more will be deleted.
  3. Add new apps. Roku has 10,000+ apps to choose from to help guests discover something new.
  4. Search content. Find the perfect thing to watch with Roku Search. All search history will be erased when guests are signed out.
  5. Change settings. Easily improve accessibility by enabling closed captioning, a text-to-speech screen reader, or a theme pack. All changes will be removed when guests sign out.

You can check here for more details about guest mode. Again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sunshinefl
Reel Rookie

Hello Moderator,

I hope you will pass on this enhancement request that many users in the forum are asking for.  

Here's the problem....we owners of vacation rentals are the most likely users of the "guest mode" feature, but for many of us, we can't use it because there are apps that we need to automatically load when a new guest signs in.  Without a feature that lets us decide what apps are loaded by default for a guest, we can't use guest mode because it is too much of a hassle to explain to every guest how to find and load the apps they will need for their stay.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @sunshinefl,

This is a feature request that we'll pass along with the team for review since this is a significant one that would better improve the Roku streaming experience, especially with the guest mode feature. Once again, we truly appreciate your effort and time sharing your feedback with us.

Hoping the best for you.

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aandebosrand
Reel Rookie

thanks for answering,

I know the options of the current setup, but they are not what I try to achief.

and with me a lot of STR owners.

I would like that I can chose certain apps that are by default installed when enabeling guest mode.

the guest should be able to login to these apps with his account.

the guest should be able to add other apps.

at the moment the guest signs out his credentials should be removed together with the apps he added.

the apps I added as default should stay.

and an extra nice feature would be to customise the guest mode background 🙂

0 Kudos
BobaMcRae

When I first set up my TVs a few years ago I was able to select a list of apps for guest mode. I hate to think I need to factory reset the TV in order to change the apps for guest mode. I suspect that Roku has removed this feature to choose which apps are included and decided for us since they know best. 

0 Kudos
nclittleg

I too am very interested in this feature. I would like to use Roku tvs in rental property and this would be a great feature.