Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Request: Please add Discovery Plus

@Tami4evr wrote:

@eil, on January 4th the Discovery Plus App was launched but we were unable to get it through the app section of our TCL ROKU TV. It’s a new streaming service that you pay for so those who wanted this app were unable to get it & were very upset! As of yesterday, the 5th, it’s been added. 

I figured out you could get the app through the Roku website even though the app wasn’t amongst the apps section on our TV. Looks like all is running well now.

Huh? I was able to go on to the streaming channels section on my Roku device, not a Roku TV, and it was there under the featured apps and also the new and notable, as well as the recommended apps section on January 4th. 

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

@C_I  If you look through the community everyone was asking Roku to add the Discovery Plus app. I have a TCL ROKU TV & on January 4th, the app wasn’t available for download in the app section cuz there was no app! I did some investigating & found out you had to go through the website, search for Discovery Plus App & click on Install. Then when you went on your TV it was installed amongst your other installed apps. Apparently, as of yesterday it is now available for download directly in the apps section on the TCL ROKU TV. I guess the Roku streaming devices had it before the TV’s did!

Had to go through the Roku download link below.

21534F62-8CD4-4440-A909-38A582E759D1.jpeg

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@Tami4evr wrote:

@C_I  If you look through the community everyone was asking Roku to add the Discovery Plus app. I have a TCL ROKU TV & on January 4th, the app wasn’t available for download in the app section cuz there was no app! I did some investigating & found out you had to go through the website, search for Discovery Plus App & click on Install. Then when you went on your TV it was installed amongst your other installed apps. Apparently, as of yesterday it is now available for download directly in the apps section on the TCL ROKU TV. I guess the Roku streaming devices had it before the TV’s did!

Had to go through the Roku download link below.

21534F62-8CD4-4440-A909-38A582E759D1.jpeg

So this only applies to people with a certain BRAND of Roku TV- and not to ALL Roku TV owners. To all others, you should be able to get Discovery + on the streaming channels menu. 

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

@C_I Like I said, as of yesterday the app is available on the TCL ROKU TV’s. It just took a day for it to be add. I’m not sure about other Roku devices. I only have the TCL ROKU TV.

0 Kudos
BevRec
Reel Rookie

Several people posted a link that allowed me us update on my cell while logged into my #Roku account. It does work but has some clunky bugs. Roku tries to emulate #Netflix but it just is not as seamless. I know they will get there. Being a programmer myself, not enough time was given to testing and QA as a whole. This is my biggest issue.

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@Tami4evr wrote:

@C_I Like I said, as of yesterday the app is available on the TCL ROKU TV’s. It just took a day for it to be add. I’m not sure about other Roku devices. I only have the TCL ROKU TV.

Okay, then say it is a different brand than the other available brands. The problem you described is specific to that brand, as I said yesterday. 

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

@C_I , I was just trying to help those who were asking ROKU to add the Discovery Plus App! They didn’t say whether they had the TCL ROKU TV, the ROKU STREAMING PLAYER or the STREAMING STICK. I would imagine if one device had the app the others would too since they are all ROKU. Sorry I wasn’t specific enough for you 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

@Tami4evr wrote:

@C_I , I was just trying to help those who were asking ROKU to add the Discovery Plus App! They didn’t say whether they had the TCL ROKU TV, the ROKU STREAMING PLAYER or the STREAMING STICK. I would imagine if one device had the app the others would too since they are all ROKU. Sorry I wasn’t specific enough for you 

So it boils down to if people have a device or another Roku TV brand,  the app should be in the streaming channels menu . And their point is moot now that Roku added the app on time. 

0 Kudos
Tami4evr
Binge Watcher

@C_I , the app was released on January 4th but people couldn’t find the app in the app section until the 5th which wasn’t bad. But being new people were anxious to try it out & they weren’t able to cuz they couldn’t find it. Like them, I too wanted to check it out & it took me 2 hours to find a website called, thestreamable.com & they had download links for several platforms. I then shared it on the Roku Community to help others who were having issues downloading the Discovery Plus App.

60C716C8-160E-45BC-A6CC-97285FD4B18A.jpeg

0 Kudos
peanut07

Re: Please add Discovery Plus

That is true that big business holds all the cards,

I got an email today that got me all excited, the email stated that Discovery+ was now available at $4.99 with commercials and $6.99 without, well silly me, didn't I just try to sign up right away - WHAT A JOKE ON ME.  How shameful is it that the States has it available thru Roku and yet in Canada we are deprived.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.