Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rk_Guru
Reel Rookie

Channel Request: Optimum App

Roku users who are also customers subscribed to Optimum's cable/ISP could really benefit from a Optimum Channel app similar to the ones that Spectrum and Comcast already have available in the Roku Channel Store. To those unfamiliar with these Cable/ISP channels, and what their functions are. They essentially act as a emulator for your cable box. Allowing your Roku Smart TV device to function in place of your physical cable box. For all intents and purposes, this eliminates the need for a cable box entirely, and having to pay all the fees that come with having a physical cable box. This also makes the experience much more seamless as well as everything is operating on a single Roku TV Streaming Device.

Labels (1)
15 REPLIES 15
RussellAin
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Request: Optimum App

Yes Please

JayD

How do I do this?

0 Kudos
JayD

fimpowde

I wish there was one - but they wont do it - Optimum gets $11/month per cable box and this would eliminate the need for that.

Judelaw007

It would be really great if the Roku store included an optimum and an Altice one app/channel. it would definitely help decrease some of the cost of the optimum/Altice service, you won't need to pay the fees for the set-top box that equals savings. It also makes using the service on the Roku more seamless.

Rk_Guru
Reel Rookie

True, but this would also greatly save Optimum money on manpower via employee cable box installations and equipment costs/storage fees. I believe this is why companies like Spectrum and Comcast have opted the option for a Cable Box emulator app. They see the potential in savings it brings. Comcast is the of the cheapest ISP's I know of, and they wouldn't have made this app out of the kindness of their hearts. They are making back their monthly cable box rental fees and then some.

Mloaiza15

This is a must! #OptimumAppForRoku

DougFromLI
Reel Rookie

As cable tv market (aka optimum) continues to shrink in favor of cheaper streaming services (Sling and YouTube TV to name a few), it would behoove optimum to support all smart tv platforms with an app, to retain customers. One cable box subscription could support ALL smart devices in house. It would be a way for them to retain customers, in this infinitely competitive industry, imo.

Airr

Would like to see this on Roku, AppleTV has an Optimum app available that doesn't require a cable box...

@fimpowde wrote:

I wish there was one - but they wont do it - Optimum gets $11/month per cable box and this would eliminate the need for that.

0 Kudos