Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RB23
Reel Rookie

CBC gem

please can Roku add CBC gem channel? why is it so hard to add this channel it's available on apple tv, chrome firestick, why can't the developers make it work on Roku?

25 REPLIES 25
jenacol
Channel Surfer

delete post delete postdelete post delete post

delete post

wgking

Re: CBC gem

I also want CBC Gem.

Slugdangler
Channel Surfer

This app is available on LITERALLY every other service except Roku, please add it!

RB23
Reel Rookie

Update is up to cbc gem to add the channel and develop the channel to roku. So if you want cbc gem you must email cbc and keep asking for cbc gem app for roku. I contacted them directly and we just have to keep at it until they realize there are lots of roku users that want canadian content.

Ferg487

CBC Gem please, Roku.....we Canadians are people too!

MVG

Yes Please CBC Gem!! So much great content!!

willomena
Reel Rookie

It is not all up to Roku.  CBC has to offer it to Roku. I have e-mailed CBC asking for them to put Gem on Roku.  Since they have put "CBC TV" on Roku recently, hopefully gem will follow.  I watch on Fire Stick, but the user interface with Fire Stick isn't very good.  I prefer Roku.

Tags (1)
GLJO
Channel Surfer

Re: CBC gem + CRAVE ................................................

Just purchased a ROKU Premiere -

CBC is advertised on the box (ROKU Premiere) but CBC is nowhere to be found. There is a ROKU TV link to "live news" but the news channel is useless as the news is days old. Why?

CRAVE has a dedicated button on the remote (ROKU Premiere) but there is nothing. I have tried everything.

I am in Canada. Not using a VPN.

Does anyone know what to do? Crave and CBC are Cdn and advertised on the box. Very frustrating. Thanks

0 Kudos
willomena
Reel Rookie

Re: CBC gem + CRAVE ................................................

I am in Canada and I have a Roku Express and have no problems. CBC Gem is not available on Roku. That's CBC's choice not Roku's. I access Crave through my Roku

On the Roku home screen there is are the available channels and you click on them and you add the channels, some you need to pay the subscription fee (such as Crave you need to pay Crave's subscription fee.)

I don't understand what you mean by "not using a VPN" It's all done through the Internet. If you have Internet in your home, with a WiFi modem. It should work, perhaps you haven't set it up properly.

0 Kudos