Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slugdangler
Binge Watcher

Re: CBC gem + CRAVE ................................................

Have you contacted Roku support? Not this forum, actual Roku support? They helped me with a very weird issue in the past and it was pretty good.

I am not sure what you mean by saying you can't find the channels on the "Roku website", do you mean in the Roku user interface on the tv? If you are signed in to a Roku account that has all the correct location information in it the below should be the easiest way to add a channel.

Press (home) on your remote to open the main screen.

Scroll down and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store.

At the top of the Channel Store is a list of featured, new and popular categories to explore.

Scroll down and select Search Channels

Press the right arrow button and type channel name in the search box

Scroll to the right to select from the list

Press the ok  button to select the channel

Press the ok  button to add the channel

If you have a Roku account PIN, then you will be required to enter it.

If that doesn't work then your account thinks you are not on Canada, has absolutely nothing to do with the device itself. If you can't find any errors in your profile maybe just make a new one and make sure it's correct.

0 Kudos
GLJO
Channel Surfer

The device thinks i am on another planet - neither canada or us.

to add a channel from the website as has been suggested. people keep telling me to do the same things I have done several times. I can figure out how to add a channel from the home screen but I don't have any options for Crave or CBC on this home screen. only on the website but they are  not highlighted so I cannot add them ( CBC and Crave)

anyway i have packed the thing up to return as it's garbage. and a waste of several days of my time

0 Kudos
GLJO
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
GLJO
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
RB23
Reel Rookie

THIS IS ABOUT CBC GEM, not about a clearly defective Roku stick go exchange it!, everyone else can get crave, this thread is a about CBC GEM

0 Kudos
Slugdangler
Binge Watcher

Your example links don't help as for everyone else they work fine (mine shows "already installed" when I click those links.

The issue is with your ACCOUNT not with your DEVICE. The device itself is almost 100 percent not faulty. You still haven't said if you have contacted Roku support, which leads me to believe you have not. You seem resistant to following suggestions for some reason. But go ahead and return it, just do not buy another Roku device to replace it as you will have the exact same issue if you use the same account.

This is derailing this thread but it's fine because Roku has told me very clearly that CBC needs to make the gem app available and CBC has told me very clearly they have to plans to. I bought a Google tv and no longer use my Roku for streaming services but still have it because it's built into my tv.

0 Kudos