Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fowlerat
Channel Surfer

BT sport app

In the UK the BT sport app is now available on Nowtv boxes supplied by Sky TV. The Nowtv boxes are rebranded Roku boxes so why isn't this app available in the Roku channel store? This is a killer app for Roku which I currently have to use a chromecast to watch. The code exists because it is running on the Sky Nowtv Roku boxes, so why not make it available in the Roku channel store. If it doesn't happen soon, I'll ditch my native Roku's (5 of) and buy sky's Nowtv's Roku's which are available for a much lower price than the native Roku's and I'll be able to watch all UK premiership games. 

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Mn2020

Re: BT sport app

I agree. Total madness. Why isn’t BT Sport in the Roku store when it’s on Now TV Roku sticks??

PJxr2

there is a thread for suggesed updates, surely if we get enough requests it'll move.

Kind regards
PJ
Doctor10
Streaming Star

0 Kudos
Doctor10
Streaming Star

@Fowlerat @PJxr2 @Mn2020 

I raised this on the BT Community forums last night and was advised that "there are contractual reasons why it had to be made available on Now TV devices first, but don't worry - it's coming to Roku devices very soon!"

Doctor10
Streaming Star

I don't know what "very soon" really means, though!  The arrangement with Sky to offer NowTV to BT TV subscribers was implemented about a year later than originally planned, so I'm not holding my breath!

0 Kudos
AndyB52

It seems that the BT Sport app is now available on the Roku boxes. Just installed it myself today

0 Kudos
Doctor10
Streaming Star

Yes - I see it's being promoted on the Roku website home page as well:

https://blog.roku.com/en-gb/bt-sport-on-roku-uk

That's great news, as I was really hoping it would be available in time for the start of the new footy season this weekend.  Gives our family much greater flexibility to watch matches in different rooms rather than just on the YouView box.  Well pleased now!

0 Kudos
Doctor10
Streaming Star

0 Kudos