Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
protectron

Re: Add support for Image Based Subtitles

I'm getting a Chromecast because of this lack of support.

jlw_4049
Reel Rookie

Yeah its 2022. Support for this should have been done a long time ago. 

0 Kudos
Mr_RockU

Yes please, I just spent a day trying to figure out why my 4K movies were transcoding, took me a while to stumble across forum discussions suggesting to turn off PGS subtitles.  That worked but it's a huge hassle, please fix the Roku Plex app so it supports this modern subtitle format.

moleman

I want this too! I just got a TCL Roku TV and this is possibly the only thing that's wrong with it. I don't want to pay for another device, and it would also clutter up my setup and require keeping track of an additional remote.

EmDash0

I love my Roku, but the lack of image subtitles is a massive deficiency. Please add this. It seems that Amazon Firesticks and Apple TVs have supported this for many years.
Whenever it is time to replace my current Roku. I likely will switch brands if this feature has not been added.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.