Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add an app for Fort Collins Connexion

Fort Collins, Colorado recently established a municipal broadband service and have included TV packages.  When we subscribed, we were surprised to learn that Amazon’s Fire Stick and Apple TV have apps to access the service, but Roku does not.  We would prefer to use our Roku, but have purchased a Fire Stick to tide us over until you guys join the club.  Any idea when you guys will get on board?

5 REPLIES 5
nick77vet
Reel Rookie

Re: Add an app for Fort Collins Connexion

I agree with LedDirigible!  

dbeck

Is it up to Roku to add the app, or Connexion to create a compatible app?

nick77vet
Reel Rookie

The Connexion team has options - 

1. They can create an app from scratch and submit it to Roku for inclusion in the support channels list

2. They can hire a 3rd party to create the app and then lease the app from them, but it still has to be approved by Roku

3. They can go through the Roku Direct Publication process which is essentially a wizard that guides the developer through the creation of a Roku channel.  

In none of these scenarios does Roku actually create the channel.  Connexion is responsible for that, whichever path they choose.

I am baffled as to why Roku wasn't among the first devices supported, since Roku leads the pack in streaming hardware market share.  

Jim20

I only use Roku for my streaming service. It would be convenient to have a Connexion app to use.

Jim20

billlutton

Another Connexion subscriber... just trying to keep this request alive...