Suggest a Feature

Share your Roku suggestions or request a feature from the Roku team! Add a kudo to existing topics to show your support, or create a new topic for new requests.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mymateo

Add IR code lists for soundbars (not just for TVs)

I just bought a Roku Ultra, and I think it's a neat feature that you can program your Roku remote to control your TV using the IR transmitter.  I do not have any use for TV controls;  I have a Samsung soundbar that I need to control though.  The TV automatically turns itself on when it detects a video signal, so literally all I need is power and volume controls for my soundbar.  All things the Roku remote has the dedicated buttons for.

I have tried literally every single code under every brand, and none of them work with my soundbar.  Presumably, brands won't re-use TV IR codes with other devices in order to avoid code conflicts, but I had to try anyways, just in case.  I would love to consolidate 2 remotes into just 1.

I don't think I would be the only person who would find value in having soundbar IR codes available to program into their Roku remotes.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.