Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen size does not fill screen, only have a small square picture

I have a 50" screen, but only get a small picture while streaming.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: screen size does not fill screen, only have a small square picture

@justnabear56

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku device are you using? What are the steps to reproduce what you are seeing? Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing on screen so we can better understand what is occurring?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I'm having it too, don't know how to solve it.

moreover if you are a gym member & love weightlifting ,so i found very comfortable weightlifting straps.

you can check it here. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ibtesamfatima,

Thanks for your post. 

We're here to help. Could you provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are seeing on screen? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the detail and we'll be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
StanMann

I am having a similar problem that started two weeks ago.  I have had my Roku Express since July 2022 and this just started happening. 

1. I turn on Roku with TV and select a channel (Hulu, History, Fox, have all done this)

2. Initial selection screen is full size and so is initial channel screen.

3. When I choose PLAY, the video shows in a small rectangular window in top left.

4. If I turn on closed caption or press down arrow, video remains small, but caption or selection options are full size on the remainder of the TV screen.

5. Only fix I have found is to recycle the Roku device.  This corrects the problem for a while, then the problem reoccurs again later.

Aggravation every time this occurs. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@StanMann 

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details regarding what you are experiencing. Can you please provide us with the following information:

can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what is happening on screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same problem - picture only fills the top quarter of the screen.  I have 2 tvs with Roku.  First one tv and Roku started doing it, and now the other one has started doing it, so I assume it is the Roku not the tv.  Also, this only happens with Roku, not with regular cable channels.  Has a solution been found?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Greeting @Marylouboudreau

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd be more than happy to look closely into this issue. Could you provide the requested information posted by @RokuDanny-R above? These details will help us to learn more about the issue occurring. 

We'll be waiting for your update. 

Regards, 
Nimfa  

0 Kudos