Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roei_m
Channel Surfer

pixelated image/poor quality when stream tv shows and movies at most of the services

I have recently purchased roku stick 4k stream, and at all of the services except Netflix and YouTube The picture is pixelated and Not viewable, I tried every solution Google has. Nothing works, the Internet connection is stable and fast enough, has anybody ever experienced such a problem? Anyone got a fix?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: pixelated image/poor quality when stream tv shows and movies at most of the services

Roku menu path: Settings > Network > Check connection

When you get to the Connection results screen, click in OK to clear the screen.

What download speed is reported?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
roei_m
Channel Surfer

Re: pixelated image/poor quality when stream tv shows and movies at most of the services

180 Mbps and Excellent connection

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

180 Mbps is much more than adequate.

Some people have reported improvements by changing the DNS server their router uses away from the one provided by their internet provider.

Lifewire.com article on how to change DNS on most popular routers:
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-dns-servers-on-most-popular-routers-2617995

Some often-suggested DNS servers:
Cloudflare: Primary: 1.1.1.1   Secondary: 1.0.0.1
Google:     Primary: 8.8.8.8   Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
roei_m
Channel Surfer

I've tried some dns addresses but the problem is still ongoing.

0 Kudos