Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no closed captioning w/Acorn on Roku TV

CC works fine on  all streaming channels on my attached device in my bedroom where it is available but on my ROKU TV in another room there is no CC on the Acorn channel. I've tried all your standard suggestions you repeat over and over to a number of people but this doesn't work. I have a wireless setup with a wireless provider and CC works fine when I switch to TV where CC is available. I contacted Acorn and their answer was the same standard answer as yours. I need CC to see rather than hear. Won't work in play, replay, always on.,mute. Do I give up on a pay channel- my favorite on my main tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no closed captioning w/Acorn on Roku TV

Acorn will need to answer that question for you. They are the ones that provide and support the app/channel offered for Roku devices. It sounds like you received a simple script response from them, and I would be a bit more forceful with them. They are the only ones that can ensure their app works correctly on your Roku device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
randys
Roku Guru

Re: no closed captioning w/Acorn on Roku TV

I am repeatedly having to re-restart my ROKU 4802r to get the close caption to work on many different channels on my Roku.  I do not have a Roku TV. I have a Roku streamer.  

and every other time I turn the Roku on there’s no volume I have to go into a TV app play something with volume and come back for it to work.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.