Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cleinds

Re: YouTubeTV buffering issues

Jump to solution

BonkedAgain, I’ve been trying to figure out as to why my TCL model # 75R648, was having problems with constant buffering on YouTube TV only (I have 5 other TCL Roku TV’s and they are fine.  Like you, this was a pricey TV so I spent the $30 on the Roku stick, and problem solved!  Very odd, but it works fine.  Question: have you found a way to not use 2 Roku remotes? I’m like you and only steam YouTube TV on the stick, and all other apps on the TV.  Just wondering, and thanks for the tip on fixing!!!

0 Kudos
BonkedAgain
Channel Surfer

Re: YouTubeTV buffering issues

Jump to solution

Cliends, In my case the Roku stick remote works for everything. I can turn the TV off and on using the Stick remote and, any that ime I use the Stick remote (push any of its buttons), it will automatically switch to the Stick app.  I can switch to other apps using the Stick remote although you may have to sign in to apps when opening them with the Stick remote, but only once and then it works from there as normal.

I don't think I did anything special, just went through the entire setup procedure as guided by the Stick-- I found that the Roku stick was very "smart" (I'm guessing because the TV is a Roku as well and they connect very easily)-- once I set it up the remote paired to the TV automatically. 
One caveat: we do need to use a separate remote for volume control- that is because we use a TCL soundbar that for some reason can't be controlled by any of our TCL remotes. 
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.