Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube TV Key Plays Stall

Starting this year at some point, YouTube playback of Key Plays never completes.  Sometimes it fails immediately.  Other times it will fail after 6-10 key plays.  It always seems to be at the transition from one play to the next.  Sometimes I can use the forward button and see a small icon preview in the top right, but never the full screen content, which displays the circular spinner.  Until college football season started, my experience has been failures on the NBC Sports Bay Area channel for the SF Giants games.  Last weekend and today I've tried to watch Key Plays for multiple college football games.  No luck.  I removed the YouTube TV app, restarted my Roku, then reinstalled the YouTube TV app.  Made no difference.  Just now the Roku screen saver was activated while this was happening.  When I hit OK to see if Key Plays was still stalled, the whole screen was black and then my Roku crashed and rebooted itself.  I have used the YouTube TV app on my Roku to watch Key Plays for years.  This year it is broken.  Help.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: YouTube TV Key Plays Stall

I can confirm this is a bug in the Roku YouTube TV app.  I installed the YouTube TV app directly on my LG Smart TV.  I was able to watch Key Plays for all the YouTube TV sports programs that stalled on my Roku.

Roku, please fix your YouTube TV app.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mossbeachlarry, it's not Roku's app; it's Google's app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @mossbeachlarry 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we understand the troubles you have experienced with the YouTube TV app on your Roku device.

We would recommend reaching out to Google/YouTube's support directly and inquire further about the issue you have encountered. Most apps on Roku are directly managed by the channel provider, and they'll be able to provide you with a workaround, or the app needs an update to resolve any issues.

Hoping for your understanding regarding this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gorbiz83

Not a new problem.

Could be the YoutubeTV Roku app. But could also be the Roku appliance.

Works fine using YTTV app on my Android tablet.

Google and Roku please figure this out.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Gorbiz83 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Apps can be different across various platforms. Channel providers create and design their channels differently on streaming platforms and mobile apps.

In this case, the channel provider is the best source to address any issues since they are the ones who developed their app on the Roku platform. Once they're aware of any issues, an update will be able to fix them. 

Thanks for understanding!

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.