Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJCFoodie
Reel Rookie

Why does my audio stop working?

I have the same issue with a Roku Ultra attached to a Sony TV and Sonos soundbar.  The audio simply drops and can only be regained by performing a system reset.  It happens across ALL APPs most often when I've paused the playback and then try to restart the program.  There is something seriously wrong with the reconnection to App sound - but not to the Roku "clicking" sounds (e.g. when exiting the App to navigate to the system reset screen.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my audio stop working?

Greetings @SJCFoodie 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with audio playback.

Have you tried to disconnect your Sonos soundbar to see if you are experiencing the same issue with audio playback? If you aren't experiencing any audio playback issues with the TV speakers themselves, this would lead us to believe that the issue you are experiencing is related to your Sonos soundbar and not the Roku device.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SJCFoodie
Reel Rookie

Hello Danny,

Yes, I did disconnect the Sonos sounder and the issue still occurs.  

The strange part is that the loss of sound is always within the various Apps while attempting playback of a video or show.  Once you exit the App and navigate to the Home Screen or Settings, you hear the "clicking" as you select the reset option.  

It seems to occur randomly, yet regularly, when waking the Roku from sleep and also when the Roku device pauses the video play and the screen saver plays for a few minutes. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @SJCFoodie 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your audio playback stopping.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SJCFoodie
Reel Rookie

Danny - Is there a way to take this offline?
I'm not sure I want to share item & location specific details in a public forum.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SJCFoodie. Send me a private message here with the details, happy to pass long.

Thanks! 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos