Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bubalus

Recent software update causing no sound from

Even went back to an okd roku which worked until the software updated. I've maged to reestablish sound previously by swapping hdmi ports on my TV, but I believe I have cycled them all thus the trick no longer works.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recent software update causing no sound from

Hi @bubalus,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an audio issue with your Roku device and We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but with need further details. 

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions:

• Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on a specific channel or does the loss of audio happen on all channels?
  • Can you please provide the software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku model device are you using?
  • Have you tried using another HDMI cable to connect your Roku device?

• Is your Roku device is directly connected to a TV or through another device such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar?
  • Have you tried taking a look here at our Support resources and following the steps to help with the issue? What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos