Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bosda
Reel Rookie

Why can't we have ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Nobody helps, and this goddam message board is WORSE THAN USELESS!

Nobody knows how to fix their rokus, and the people who do, DON'T BOTHER TO POST HERE!

GGGRRRR!

7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why can't we have ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Hi @Bosda,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We regret hearing about the experiences you have had. This is not what we aim for.

We'd like to use this opportunity to look into the various ways that we can help you get up and running. We would appreciate it if you could provide more details about the problem you're having.

With further progress, we'll be able to work on this together.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tree3685
Roku Guru

I suspect that the version 12 software has overwhelmed the capacity.

Since that version has been pushed out in April, my Roku reboots when closing apps or when turning on the TV/Monitor. I have reported 27 times with the 'internal Issue report tracker' and gotten zero response from their support e-mail and only a few suggestions on the forum. Note that the instructions to create this 'internal Issue report tracker' only came in June from this forum, not from Roku support and I do not always record the failures so the total number of incidents is much higher.

If version 12 software was installed when this Roku was purchased, it would have been returned as defective.

0 Kudos
tutursw

We have subscribed happily for about 4 years. Minor issues. Within the last couple of weeks, our Samsung Smart TV will not allow us to play BritBox, the subscription which was set up through Roku. We are able to play BritBox and Roku through our bedroom TV with no problem. We are NOT able to  play BritBox through our living room Samsung, and it's asking us to subscribe and pay. We are paid through April, 2024. We are also NOT able to play Roku through the living room, even though when looking at our account, Roku shows up with a number (not sure if that's a device number?). We do not have a Roku box on the living room tv, but do in the bedroom. I sure hope this message gets to, as this has been a very tedious process just to try and reach Customer Service. While we love both Roku and BritBox, we are definitely inclined to drop them both. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Fubar2020

I purchased Britbox through Roku and cant get the closed caption feature to work correctly. It  either scrambles all the letters on the * set up page or it is out of sync with the actual play on the screen. I have tried powering it down several times, but still can't get it to work. It is frustrating because the help screens on the Roku page don't address problems with other channels that have been added.

It would be nice to have an actual customer service response.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fubar2020,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

Please be advised that closed captions are not visible until activated. For some service providers, closed captions are activated from within the channel. The closed captioning settings available on your Roku streaming device have no effect on the content of these service providers.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. To open the Captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear
    • Off–captions never appear
    • On always – captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channels.
    • On replay – captions appear only after pressing Replay  on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay)
    • On mute – captions appear only when the volume is muted
      • Note: The "On mute" selection is unavailable on all Roku devices.

See a list of a few common channels at the bottom of this article. How to enable closed captioning.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand perfectly what you are talking about. My Roku Express 4K+ player froze and kept saying insufficient power when it’s plugged to a wall outlet all the time. I have tried to reach someone but there does not seem to be one available. I tried to submit warranty form and the site is not let me do so. Below is the error message. I just want to replace for a different model because I tired of this problem. If we cannot get help for streaming players how do, they expect us to buy their TV or home security.

Error message: We're sorry, but we encountered an error trying to process your request. Please try again.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dorlyangel1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku Express 4K+ since it will give you insufficient power even though it is plugged directly into a wall outlet. We will be delighted to assist you. Please be aware that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.