Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squig

Video stops playing...just freezes during the last few minutes of show ending; audio continues f

Try using the plug adapter and plug into the wall not into usb on tv. This solved it for me. 

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Marksw
Channel Surfer

Re: Video stops playing...just freezes during the last few minutes of show ending; audio continues f

Thanks, Swuig. I always used the plug adapter, and never the TV's USB.  I returned the Roku to Walmart.  Not sure what I will try next, as the Spectrum app running in the older Samsung TV is not cutting it.

0 Kudos
EllenT

Re: Video stops playing...just freezes during the last few minutes of show ending; audio continues f

This started happening to us 2-3 weeks ago.  We have 3 Rokus and they are all doing it.  I am about ready to throw them in the garbage and buy a different product.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @EllenT,

Thanks for letting us know so we can look into this further.

We would love to help! We wish to learn more about your experience to determine how best we can assist.

• Do you receive an error code or message?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bamanana
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, screen freezes but audio keeps playing.  It happens each time I try to “skip” the opening credits on shows.  It also happened in the middle of a football game and my husband was not happy!  I have a Roku tv that this does not happen on.  It happens on the tv that is using a Roku steaming stick.  

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bamanana

Thanks for your post. 

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? Kindly give us also the requested details above so we can look into this further. 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bamanana
Reel Rookie

I have the device plugged into a USB port on the tv.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Bamanana Use a wall outlet to power the device.  The USB port on many TVs will cause unstable operation.

0 Kudos
Bamanana
Reel Rookie

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood.  One end of the device is plugged into the wall and the other end into the tv hdmi port.

0 Kudos
Marksw
Channel Surfer

I always use a wall outlet and still had the problem

0 Kudos