Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video and audio intermittently cutting out on Ultra LT

My wife and I recently purchased a Roku Ultra LT. For the most part it's been working fine, except for one weird issue: once in awhile it seems like the signal drops out for a half second or so. The screen will go black, the audio cuts out, and when it comes back in the video has continued as if nothing happened. The TV also displays the input source info, which it normally only does when we switch sources, or it detects a new signal on the active input. It happens in multiple apps. The Roku and all apps have the most current update

My TV (Sharp LC-46D65U) does have a feature where if you power on the non-active input the TV will automatically switch to that new input, to make sure this isn't the issue we've disconnect all other devices from the TV. We have tried the Roku on different inputs, and with different HDMI cables. We have had two different Roku 3s connected to the TV in the past and never had this issue. I also tried disabling the "sleep after 20 minutes" option in the power settings menu", but that also didn't fix it. Was hoping people might have other ideas for things to try, other than testing it on another TV, which we're already planning on doing.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Me-stitch4

Re: Video and audio intermittently cutting out on Ultra LT

There's a narrator that speaks what is already on the screen.  She'll also say "loading" or "one moment".  She'll talk the description of the show you want to watch, which is already on the screen

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Video and audio intermittently cutting out on Ultra LT

Hi @Me-stitch4,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. You may have accidentally enabled "Screen reader", a mode for sight-impaired viewers. That's why your Roku player sounds like it's been talking to you. You can turn off Audio Guide by pressing the * button on your remote 4 times quickly.

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos